Graston Technique® in Frankfort, IL to Detect and Treat Scar Tissue
Graston Technique® in Frankfort, IL: Graston Technique® is an evidence-based form of instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (also known as IASTM) that allows our chiropractor to effectively address scar tissue and fascial restrictions. Scar tissue limits range of motion. It also causes pain in many cases as well. This makes it challenging for the patient to function the same way they did prior to the injury.
Graston Technique® at Victory Chiropractic
Graston Technique® uses specially designed stainless steel instruments to detect and effectively treat areas exhibiting chronic inflammation. These instruments are used in conjunction with therapeutic exercise. They are also used diagnostically to follow the kinetic chain, allowing the chiropractor to locate the cause of the pain and treat the specific area.
The technique’s instruments are used to enhance the ability to detect adhesions, scar tissue or any other restrictions in the affected areas. Skilled clinicians like Dr. Vuckovich use them to comb over the affected area and find fibrotic tissue. This immediately identifies the restricted area. Once the tissue is identified, the instruments are used to break up the scar tissue in order for the body to absorb it.
It is not out of the ordinary for patients to experience some discomfort during the Graston procedure. Some mild bruising may occur after as well. These are normal responses to the Graston Technique® and are both part of the healing process.
Benefits of the Graston Technique®
There are many great benefits to receiving this instrument assisted manipulation at our Frankfort chiropractic center. Some include:
- Decreases the overall treatment time
- Allows for a faster rehabilitation and recovery
- Facilitates reflex changes in the muscle’s holding pattern
- Reduces the need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions that are thought to be permanent
- Increases skin temperature
- Separates and breaks down collagen cross-links
- Spreads and stretches connective tissue and muscle fibers
- Alters spinal reflux activity
- Increases blood flow to and from the area and improves range of motion to the affected area
- Cellular activity in the area increases
Graston Technique® Complements Our Chiropractic Care Programs
Graston Technique® can be coordinated with chiropractic care, physical therapy and other therapeutic procedures in order to achieve optimal results. As is the case with all of the services offered at Victory Chiropractic, Graston Technique® assists in recovery and is a great addition to different treatment plans depending on the needs of the patient.